Ants can be a nuisance because of their odor, stinging and biting, and general infestation of your property. There are eight types of ants commonly found in the Green Country area including pavement ants, fire ants, carpenter and harvester ants. The first step to successfully treating an ant problem is identifying the type of pest you are dealing with. These insects live in highly social groups or colonies so infestations usually involve a large number of insects. Unless you’re specially trained, finding the source of an ant problem can be tricky since nests come in a variety of shapes and sizes and often hide under foliage or burrowed into wood. For all these reasons, most people have trouble solving an ant problem on their own.
It is important to note that some ants can be tricky to remove. While most customers only require one or two visits, some situations may require multiple treatments. For long-term control (especially when the nest cannot be located and destroyed) we recommend our quarterly service plan. Contact Us for more details.
How we control ants
The first step is always identifying the pest, as control measures will differ from species to species. Certain types of ants are easier to get rid than others. In some cases the nests are located outside your property which makes eliminating them difficult. For stubborn situations we recommend our quarterly service.
Our eco pest control approach
- We provide a full inspection of the exterior of your home to check for entry points. We exclude the pest by sealing cracks, crevices, windows and doorways.
- We destroy any visible nests or trails.
- We typically apply a five step perimeter treatment to eliminate these pests from around your home and keep them outside of it.
- We apply spot treatments to nests.
What you can do to control ants
- Make periodic checks for damp or decaying wood.
- Keeping areas free of exposed stored food, or pet food.
Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Color is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Color instead. in /home/www/termmax.net/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401